Home D-Star Barney Agility Kiro
D-Star* (Digital Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio) is an open specification for amateur radio transmission of digital voice and data. It was developed under the leadership of the Japan Amateur Radio League (JARL). ICOM, as one of the manufacturers who participated in the specification, produces D-Star repeaters and radios.
- Building a D-Star Compatible Hotspot - how to set up your own hotspot - nearly everything you need to know
- Building Your Own Hotspot Cable - DSub-9 Female to 6-pin Mini DIN male - a cheap cable you can make yourself
- Building a cable for the Kenwood TS-2000 - can be used both for Hotspot and HF D-Star
- Install Missing RICHTX32.OCX file - How to fix this error when running NATools programs
- Install NATools on Windows 8 and 8.1 - Here's the "trick" needed to install NATools on Win8/8.1
- Linking to Repeaters and Reflectors -- How to set up your radio to do this
- Router Port Forwarding - Why you may need to do this and tips on how
- D-Star Compatible Homebrew Repeaters
- Converting a D-Star Hotspot to a Full Duplex Repeater - just add another radio, a duplexer and a cable...
- Multiple Modems - Setting PID and configuring G4KLX for multiple modules/bands
- Installing and Configuring Hotspot software
- Installing and Using the Star*DV AMBE dongle
- Tips on using PuTTY to log onto your Pi - Learn how Linux pros do it
- Mods to Alinco DR-x35 radios for Hotspot service
- Frequently Asked Questions - trouble shooting your GMSK Node Adapter-based system (from gmsk_dv_node Yahoo Group)
- Related Pages
- D-Star Presentations
- Mount Diablo ARC June 17, 2016 "Digital Voice & D-STAR"
- Dayton 2016 D-STAR Forum "Enhancing D-STAR - 3rd Party & DIY"
- Mount Diablo ARC June 19, 2015 "D-STAR Update"
- Dayton 2015 D-STAR Forum "New Ways to DIY in D-STAR"
- Pacificon 2014 "D-Star Compatible Do It Yourself and Homebrew"
- Dayton 2014 Drury Inn D-Star Night "D-STAR Compatible Homebrew"
- Pacificon 2013 Oct 12 "Homebrew D-STAR"
- Dayton 2013 Drury Inn D-Star Night "Extending D-Star"
- Livermore ARK 2012 Jan 21 Fun New Ways to use D-Star - K6JM
- Pacificon 2010 Oct 16 D-Star Forum - by George KJ6VU, Rick K6FO, Robin AA4RC, Jim K6JM, David G4ULF
- Pacificon 2010 Oct 16 Building on D-Star - (my slides only) - Focuses on current D-Star homebrew activity, including Hotspots as well as D-Star adapters for analog radios
- Pacificon 2010 Oct 17 Building D-Star Hotspots - (my slides only) - Covers more detail about building your own Hotspot
* D-Star® is a registered trademark used for communication equipment (repeaters and transceivers) for amateur radio communications, and owned by Icom Incorporated.
Copyright © 2009-2016 James M. Moen. All